Saturday, July 3, 2010

I'm on a Bike and I'm Going Fast

So yesterday was a 90+ mile day. So long! The cue sheet (directions) was a mess as the mileage didn't line up with the turns we were supposed to make.

While trying to figure out one of the turns I only had one foot unclipped and Kelly jumped infront of me and cut me off. Needless to say I fell over and got a scrape and bruise but it's no big deal.





Lunch was awesome deli sandwiches from kiras mom but I had a bad stomach ache for like 2 hours after lunch. I also power naped at lunch. Good life decision.

After lunch we grinded through like 30 miles before I started feeling good again. In the last 15 miles of the trip Abby and I missed a turn and got lost. We stopped and asked someone where Lansing Rd was. He acted like it was far far away, knowing it couldn't be more than 2 miles, I told him look we've already biked 80 miles, it's no big deal. So we had another slight detour before finding the right street.

I felt really good for having biked 90 miles. The group of us went out last night, where I played the best pool of my night. I took a celebrity shot and made 4 balls in a row! Paul said he wanted to play me 1 on 1 but I said no. (I was quitting while I wad ahead!). Rushi knows my true ability with pool. We also had an awesome dance party - it was fun!

Today we were supposed to build, but there was some sort of miscommunication with the build site so we ended up having the day off. I didn't like this because part of the trip is building and interacting with the families.

Instead I took my bike to the bike shop and had the annoying clicking sound fixed. Took a little Teflon tape but I can sneak up on people again :). I know I said I felt good after the ride yesterday but today I was def feeling it! Quads! We had lunch then I played soccer and four square. Squeek! Heather is a soccer pro ;). I took a nap and then we went to a place after dinner for go karts and mini golf. Best part? It was free! The go karts were so fun - we were doing the wave and getting high fives from the put crew while we waited for the green flag. Then when we got out there we were all bumping and Running into eachother.

Tomorrow we bike!


-- Diane

Location:Rochester, NY

2 comments:

  1. good life decision. :) i need to incorporate that into my speech. btdubs: please please please pick up some Arnica the next chance you get. yes diane it's a homeopathic blend (some crap with herbs and energy) but i swear it's the most legit thing with bruises and muscle soreness around. for reals diane, please get some. i took some last summer after i ate it biking to work. i could feel myself bruising but the arnica prevented that. diane, for real, get some. they sell it in a topical gel which is good. also, they have tiny silica-gel looking pills that are super good for deep bruises, take a couple every 4-6 hours following a bad fall or something.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Di - go carts and miniature golf - sounds like a vacation!

    ReplyDelete