Saturday, August 28, 2010

Canadian Bacon

So I have some help writing now. Doug is behind the blogs too now. We are trading paragraphs in tonights issue.

Most of the bike and build team was still in Vancouver today so in the morning we left our hotel and walked the 8 or so blocks to the church where everyone was staying. After checking in with the group we walked over to Robson street to shop. Well, more like Diane dragged me along for the ride to Robson St so she could shop.

To be fair, doug said he might be interested in a jacket because it is cool in Vancouver. But most of the stores we stopped in were my idea. I found a super comfy pair of sweatpants from a company called roots for an awesome price. There is background here of Erica having these sweatpants and me wearing them once and realizing just how awesome they are. So I got myself a pair. Did alot of other window shopping but nothing major. Doug didnt find a jacket, but we didnt look that hard either. Then we met back up with the group at 12:30 to go to the Granville Island Farmers Market, which is like reading terminal in Philly, and the strip in Pittsburgh.

The market area had a ton of shops and so much to look at...I couldn't keep up.


It was nice to walk around that area and get food - we had our apple pie a la mode first before the burgers because we didn't want the ice cream to melt. It worked out well. Later in the afternoon we then took the aquaferry back across the water to put us back in downtown Vancouver.

Well at this point we had done a ton of walking, so we headed back to the hotel for a break. We napped for about an hour before waking back up to have sushi with AK and Denis for dinner. Doug ordered way too much food! The sushi rolls were huge -and we didn't know that. But it was a real good place. It was fun - a double date of sorts. Then we had some hot chocolate and listen to denis tell us about his favorite cross country experience.

Finally we went back to the church and I said goodbye to the team. It was sad. I'll miss everyone - alot. I'm slowly readjusting to real life again.

-- Diane (and Doug)

Location:Vancouver

No comments:

Post a Comment