Saturday, August 28, 2010

I Can See Clearly Now The Rain Is Gone

For once I woke up before the alarms at 6 am. We're riding to Vancouver today!! I had to be patient all morning. All I wanted to do was get to second beach and see Doug. But we wouldn't be doing that until noon. Also, a group of guys had taken Nolan in the day before and gotten mad lost, so today we split into 4 groups with leaders. I rode with denis as my leader.

It was cold and rainy, and we were getting lost. What a way to ride in. I had on lots of layers and the last thing I wanted to do was run into the ocean.

We regrouped at the science center and waited until noon to ride over. In the last two miles of the ride, the clouds parted and the rain stopped. It was finally hitting all of us - what we had done this summer.

As we turned the corner to Stanley park we started screaming and cheering past all of our parents and friends. Dropped our bikes, stripped down and ran for the ocean.

It was warmer than expected but there were huge rocks, so I cut my foot up pretty bad by accident. We huged and sang and cheered in the ocean. Finally came back and dipped our front wheels in the ocean. All of my pics are on my camera unfortunatly. You'll have to wait for it.

We spent the rest of the day celebrating and packing bikes and celebrating and saying good bye. We also handed out superlatives, I got most likely to become a spin class instructor.

Great day. Saw doug, and it's nice to have him back. I can't believe I made it the whole way. My trip is over.

These are my lyrics to closing time:

Vancouver
Run into the ocean
And dip your front wheel in the sea

Vancouver
What an epic summer
Its 32 bikes, 1 country

Vancouver
Let's Gather up some hammers
And put up a new house for them

Vancouver
Every plate of pasta
and every last cookie are gone

I know I won't miss my thermarest
No more packing trailers b'for breakfast
I know that my bag is just a mess...it's just a mess

Vancouver
No more flats to bring you down
Or road morphs to pump you back up

Vancouver
Life long friends and memories
Bike and build withdrawl is here.

Vancouver
Every new beginning
Comes from some other beginings end


Stats of the Day

Total Distance: 23.90
Avg Speed: 7.79
Max Speed: 33.23


-- Diane

Location:Vancouver BC

No comments:

Post a Comment